Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Chillout Song

A few months ago I discovered this TED talk with Ze Frank talking about all the ways he tries to truly connect with people over the internet.  "To feel and be felt," he says, "Really connecting with people isn't easy."

That is more than true for me when I am in a depressive cycle.  I say, 'more than true,' because it's nearly impossible unless it's with a professional who understands depression because most laypeople who are untouched by the disorder just.  don't.  get.  it.

Anywho - I was and am touched by this 18 minute TED Talk.  So here it is for you:

Ze Frank TED Talk

The main reason I'm so moved by this talk is because of the "Chillout Song" at the end.  Ze writes a short song for a follower because she sounds like (to me anyway) she's going through some anxiety and depression after moving to a new city.  Then he has followers from across the world record themselves singing it.  He puts their voices together to create a soothing, choral hug for this woman.

I've downloaded the song and listen to it every now and then when I'm feeling down.  It has not yet failed to make me feel a little better.

The web page showing the story of the creation of the song is HERE.

You can download the song for $1 HERE.

And hey – you're okay.  You'll be fine.  Just breathe.


No comments:

Post a Comment